Tuesday, March 31, 2015


Bachelors of Science in Nursing 2015

Nursing. Where a job and a passion come together.  Looking back at my four years in nursing school, I can, without a doubt say it was hardest thing I've ever done.  There were moments when I knew I couldn't go any further but it was the special patients that pushed me through. 

Two years ago, I started working on an oncology floor, something that would change my life forever.  The strength those patients have as they fight their battle with cancer is admirable, inspiring, and worthy of praise.  After coming off of a long shift; being mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted, I feel that I have no right to complain about ANYTHING.  My patients strength is contageous.  

Working with cancer patients gives me the energy to conquer all of my dreams.  In working with the sick, they tell me every day to take advantage of my health and live life to the fullest.  LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE and whatever you do, do it with passion and drive.  

Cuddle the ones you love and hug them extra tight tonight because you never know when something will be taken from you.  This is one thing I have learned in the last couple of years.  Appreciate people, be the positivity in peoples lives, and always remember how blessed you are for your health. 

1 comment: